How to Buy Ripple (XRP) in the UK
Bitcoin Trading Verified
Get A FREE Personal
The cryptocurrency market is growing at an unprecedented speed each year, turning investments in digital assets into the leading and the top profitable financial strategy of the decade.
The year 2021 has seen a huge rise in demand for crypto coins other than Bitcoin, and Ripple has managed to successfully fill in that space. If you are looking to buy XRP in the UK, take a look at this guide.
What Is Ripple (XRP) and Why Should You Buy It?
Ripple (XRP) is one of the largest coins by market cap, and it is in the top 7 of the most expensive cryptocurrencies of the year. Starting from the announcement of the Tranglo union deal in March 2021, more people are wondering where to buy XRP in the UK because its price continues to grow each day. Tranglo Deal was finalised when Ripple acquired a 40% stake in Asia’s largest cross-border payments specialist company Tranglo. This is major news for those who were considering investing in XRP this year and were waiting for the right moment. Following the deal, the price for Ripple has already risen to a new high of $0.5887, and it is only the beginning.
According to the latest information from the financial analysts, the XRP prices in 2021 will keep rising. Crispus Nyaga, a financial analyst and a professional trader writing for Forbes and other investment journals, has predicted that XRP will exceed the $0.6012 resistance level soon enough and will continue going higher.
In this guide, we have prepared a detailed overview on how to use this opportunity and buy Ripple coin in the UK. Get all that you need to know about what’s the cheapest and the most profitable exchange platform for Ripple, as well as where to store it and how to be in line with the UK government regulations.
How to Buy Ripple in the UK: Step-by-Step Guide
If you are looking to buy XRP, follow these easy steps that will help you to choose where to buy XRP in the UK and will enable you to get the desired investment at the best terms.
- 1The best way to start buying is to create an account at the exchange platform of your choice. To do so, enter your email address, password, and phone number.
- 2Verify your identity. Most of the exchanges will ask you to provide a valid ID.
- 3Make a deposit. To make a deposit, select your preferred payment method and click “Confirm”.
- 4Verify the Ripple exchange rate in the UK and select the pair of crypto coin and fiat currency in the “Buy” or “Market” section. GBP/XRP.
- 5Select the amount of XRP that you are willing to buy.
- 6Review the information and confirm the purchase.
Where to Buy XRP in the UK: Best Exchanges
It is easy for beginner traders to get lost in all the varieties of exchange platforms that are available on the market today. To make it an easier choice, we have prepared a review of the most popular exchanges for Ripple. Follow this list to choose the best Ripple exchanges in the UK based on the list of pros and cons, as well as learn about the characteristics and fees of each of the platforms.
Supported deposit currencies: USD, AUD, GBP, CAD, EUR, CNY, RUB, TRY, NGN, UAH. A total of 50 supported fiat currencies.
Binance offers a 25% discount on their trading fees.
30d Trade Volume (Equivalent to BTC)
(BNB x Referral25% off x Kickback 20%)
< 50 BTC
≥ 0 BNB
0.1000% / 0.1000%
0.0750% / 0.0750%
0.0600% / 0.0600%
≥ 50 BTC
≥ 50 BTC
0.0900% / 0.1000%
0.0675% / 0.0750%
0.0540% / 0.0600%
≥ 500 BTC
≥ 200 BNB
0.0800% / 0.1000%
0.0600% / 0.0750%
0.0480% / 0.0600%
≥ 1500 BTC
≥ 500 BNB
0.0700% / 0.1000%
0.0525% / 0.0750%
0.0420% / 0.0600%
≥ 4500 BTC
≥ 1000 BNB
0.0700% / 0.0900%
0.0525% / 0.0675%
0.0420% / 0.0540%
≥ 10000 BTC
≥ 2000 BNB
0.0600% / 0.0800%
0.0450% / 0.0600%
0.0360% / 0.0480%
≥ 20000 BTC
≥ 3500 BNB
0.0500% / 0.0700%
0.0375% / 0.0525%
0.0300% / 0.0420%
≥ 40000 BTC
≥ 6000 BNB
0.0400% / 0.0600%
0.0300% / 0.0450%
0.0240% / 0.0360%
≥ 80000 BTC
≥ 9000 BNB
0.0300% / 0.0500%
0.0225% / 0.0375%
0.0180% / 0.0300%
≥ 150000 BTC
≥ 11000 BNB
0.0200% / 0.0400%
0.0150% / 0.0300%
0.0120% / 0.0240%
Margin Borrow Interest rate varies for users at the level VIP 0 and for users at the level VIP 9.
Daily limits on Binance card are:
Daily ATM limit is 290 GBP.
How to buy Ripple in the UK on this exchange:
- 1Create an account on Binance.
- 2Verify your account.
- 3Visit the “Funds” page and make a deposit using the payment method of your choice
- 4Select XRP in the list of cryptocurrencies, GBP in fiat currencies, and choose the number of coins.
- 5Indicate your wallet address and press “Buy”.
- 6Receive the confirmation.
Supported deposit currencies: USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, JPY
At this exchange, limits vary significantly depending on your level:
Here are instructions to buy Ripple on this exchange:
- 1Register an account and confirm your email address.
- 2Verify your account by uploading a passport or an ID.
- 3Place your order by choosing the preferred payment method and the number of XRP coins that you’d like to buy.
- 4Enter your wallet address.
- 5Fill out the form and press “Buy”.
Supported deposit currencies: GBP, AUD
There are almost no deposit fees, and there is also no fee for withdrawing XRP.
Blueshyft cash deposit
Direct debit deposit (CoinJar Bundles only)
Receiving digital currencies
Receiving digital currencies from CoinJar users
Trading fees are shown in the table below.
Fiat Trading Pairs
Crypto Trading Pairs
You can also see the limits down below:
Buying Ripple through CoinJar takes place in the following way:
- 1Create an account.
- 2Make a deposit or send the crypto from your wallet into the CoinJar account.
- 3Choose XRP in the list and indicate the amount.
- 4Press “Buy”.
Supported deposit currencies: EUR, GBP, CAD, CZK, HUF, PLN, RON, HRK, USD
Crypto accounts: WXT, BTC, LTC, XRP, ETH, WAVES, DAI, NANO, XLM
Fees vary per region and always include a commission.
Crypto exchange services
OTC rates + commission
Fiat exchange services
Interbank rates + commission
Internal transfer (between Wirex users)
External transfer (crypto)
Blockchain fees apply
Follow these steps to purchase some XRP:
- 1Register your account.
- 2Get verified by proving your identity.
- 3Add the funds to your account in GBP or crypto via the card or crypto-wallet.
- 4Order you’re your Wirex card in order to be able to make purchases. Select your preferred card, enter your home address and payment method.
- 5Make a deposit on your card.
- 6Choose XRP in the list of currencies, indicate the amount, and press “Buy”.
Payment methods: debit card, credit card, UK bank transfers via Faster Payments Service
Supported deposit currencies: more than 30 currencies, but deposits only in GBP or EUR
Trading fees at Crypto.com depend on the level:
Withdrawal fees for XRP:
Buy/sell limits per transaction: 200,000 for XRP.
How to buy Ripple in the UK through this exchange:
- 1Create an account on Crypto.com.
- 2Verify your account.
- 3Make a deposit or order a card.
- 4Select XRP in the list of crypto options.
- 5Use a currency converter to make your choice.
- 6Indicate a number of XRP coins desired.
- 7Select “Buy now”.
Supported deposit currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, RUB
Fees vary per trade volume. The lowest trade volume would mean a 0,25% Taker and 0.16% Maker fees. The highest volume would mean 0.10% Taker and 0.00% Maker fee.
Trade Volume 30d, Equivalent to BTC
Limits depend on your status:
If you want to buy Ripple on this exchange, do the following:
- 1Register your account. For registration, provide your email address, country of residence, name, and date of birth.
- 2Verify your account. For verification, provide your ID.
- 3Visit the Buy/Sell section.
- 4Select XRP in the cryptocurrency list.
- 5Enter the amount that you’re looking to purchase. Press “Buy”.
- 6Link your card or enter another payment method
- 7Confirm the details and click “Buy Now”.
Supported deposit currencies: Litebit only accepts EUR as their fiat currency.
There is a fee of around 2% for most cryptocurrencies. For Bitcoin, the fees are below 1%. For XRP and other coins, these percentages are between 2-5%.
Here is how to buy XRP coins on LiteBit:
- 1Create a LiteBit account.
- 2Go through the verification of your account.
- 3Visit the “Buy” page.
- 4Select the cryptocurrency that you’re interested in buying.
- 5Fill in the information: amount.
- 6Confirm your order and pay.
Supported deposit currencies: GBP, EUR, USD
Fees when buying crypto using a bank transfer:
Fees when paying using a Credit or Debit card are approximately 2.5% more expensive.
It is possible to buy or sell a maximum of 25 crypto coins. To be able to purchase more than that amount, one should contact BC Bitcoin using an online support form.
Below is what you should do to buy XRP:
- 1Register an account.
- 2Confirm your account.
- 3Select XRP in the list of crypto coins.
- 4Send a payment in GBP using a proffered system.
- 5Indicate your wallet address.
- 6Press “Buy”.
Supported deposit currencies: USDFees:
The process of buying crypto on eToro takes place in the following way:
- 1Register an account
- 2Verify your account by providing personal information and a valid ID.
- 3Select XRP as your “to buy” currency.
- 4Indicate the number of XRP coins.
- 5Press “Buy Now”.
Supported deposit currencies: GBP, EUR, USD, and more than 90 pairs
Finally, here is how to buy Ripple on this exchange:
- 1Sign up or register an account.
- 2Verify your identity.
- 3Select Ripple in the list of offered options.
- 4Choose the number of coins that you need.
- 5Select a payment method.
- 6Press “Buy”.
Where to Store Ripple Securely?
After you’ve got all the information you need about the cheapest and the most efficient ways to buy XRP on the market, you may wonder- where should I store it? Some platforms offer cryptocurrency wallets for a separate fee, but this is not the most reliable way to take care of your crypto possessions.
There are a couple of online and offline crypto wallets that have great reviews and will keep your XRP safe.
Trezor Model T
Trezor Model T is the most trustworthy, premium model of a XRP hardware wallet that offers advanced features, high security, and a brilliant design. The benefits of acquiring Trezor Model T are multiple.
Ledger is another crypto wallet on the market that has decent reviews on Finder and is among the easiest to use. The major benefits of this wallet are:
Exodus is another popular crypto wallet that allows you to store more than 100 cryptocurrencies online. Interestingly enough, it is a rare example of a closed sourced wallet, and thus its security features will be slightly lower than those of the Trezor Model T or Ledger.
The benefits of using Exodus are:
Cryptocurrency Regulations in the UK
There are several important regulations that the UK government has recently introduced in relation to XRP and other cryptocurrencies.
First of all, any crypto exchange that is UK-based or wants to be fully operational in the UK must apply for registration at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of the country. It will then receive a license from the FCA and adhere to comply with the government-issued regulations: Know-Your-Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, and Combatting the Financing of Terrorism.
Furthermore, cryptocurrencies will not be classified as legal tender. However, as of the year 2021, the Financial Conduct Authority banned and proclaimed illegal any crypto derivatives. Those cannot anymore be offered to the UK users due to their links to cross-border criminal activities, unconfirmed speculative nature on Finder, and extreme volatility.
With cryptocurrencies gaining momentum in recent years, it is time to move beyond good old Bitcoin and look at the new and profitable alternatives on the crypto market. Ripple is the perfect example of a reliable cryptocurrency that has favourable forecasts for the future and is still affordable for purchase for beginner investors with smaller budgets.
The price of Ripple has been slightly down for the past few months, and therefore, now could be the best time to buy XRP cheaply before it grew in price again.
A few final questions on the topic.
What Is the Best Exchange to Buy XRP?
XRP is a popular crypto coin that is now available for purchase in most crypto exchanges. The best exchanges to buy XRP are Binance, Libertex, eToro, and CoinJar.
Where Can I Buy XRP Ripple?
Ripple can be bought using an exchange platform of your choice. The most popular and trustworthy XRP exchanges are Binance, CoinJar, Coinmama, and Libertex.
Is XRP Worth Buying in 2021?
Ripple is in the top 7 most profitable and volatile currencies of 2021, and it is also one of the largest by cap. Currently, its price is still more affordable compared to Bitcoin and some other crypto coins. Yet, it continues to grow at high speed and has favourable forecasts from analytics for this year. 2021 can be the best year to buy XRP for cheap and profit on the growing exchange.
Is Ripple a Good Investment?
Ripple can be a solution for those traders who believe in the capitalisation of the cryptocurrency market but cannot afford expensive coins like Bitcoin. XRP is a good investment because it can be bought for a reasonable price before it reaches the next peak. A new major price increase is predicted to happen already this year, following the Tranglo Deal.